October
A lot has happened in October. My parents moved to Lincoln, which is only 15 minutes away. We have already gotten back to having our weekly dinners. It's fantastic having my parents close by again. They love their little neigborhood. Their house is in a cul-de-sac, within the first 2 days just about all their neighbors came over and introduced themselves. Their next door neighbor baked them some bread. Just wow! It's so neat that there are still neigborhoods that work like that.
October is kind of a blur. Actually, 2020 is kind of a blur. I spent a good chunk of October angry. Really angry. I try to limit how often I go to the market, when I am at the market I try to get in and out as fast as I can. Then, I have a hard time breathing because I've been nearly jogging the market. I HATE WEARING A MASK!
Our family made the decision together that the kids would stick with online learning for the full school year. Our school went back to teaching on campus November 4. So, that meant some changes in teachers. I get it... but still frustrating. I learned Evan was going to be with the same teacher he started with, which is awesome. Claire... I had learned that she would be getting a new teacher and that teacher was from a different school, so it would be someone we were unfamiliar with. Gosh, at least if she had a teacher from her home school it would have been someone we knew. I was on campus at the school before the pandemic, so I knew a lot of the staff. So yeah, I was angry. Yes it was my choice to keep the kids home.
So, both of my kids have started their "first day of school" in their new um, school. "Champions" So, the kids who are online are now part of "Champions Academy." So, we're pretty much at a whole new school. We pick up the kids school supplies at our "home school," but really, it feels like we are no longer a part of the "TJ family." Especially when I do go pick up their supplies and see balloons and signs all around welcoming back the students. Again, yes I know this was my choice to keep the kids home. I guess it just hurts to get kicked on the way out the door. So yes, again I've been very angry.
As angry as I am... I know I made the right choice for our family to keep the kids home. I have seen kids on campus, they have to social distance and wear masks... all the time. Watching children have to stay 6 feet apart and have masks on is heart breaking to me.
HALLOWEEN... The kids had a great time on Halloween. We went to my parents house, where they were having an outdoor potluck. The kids got to play with some of the neighbor kids and then go trick or treating.
So, Claire's birthday has been coming and I feel like I can now sympathise with all the parents who have had to deal with a birthday during the pandemic. Instead of one big party Claire is getting 4 small parties, and I am so excited! I think it's going to be better anyway, she gets to spend quality time with a bunch of friends.
Oh! And of course, how can I write a blog in November without mentioning the election. There is still no clear winner for president at the moment. Good grief 2020 is something else. Once a winner is finally called I anticipate protests (riots) especially in downtown Sacramento.
Okay, so I got a lot of venting out... There have been a lot of negative things this year. I have a friend with a child who has been battling cancer. My friend's 19 year old niece died. A girl I was friends with in high school just died of cancer. I know someone who commited suicde this year... I'm sure I could think of so many other things.
My family has been so blessed. My husband still has his job, the kids are happy and healthy. My parents only live 15 minutes away. We still get together with a few close friends. My kids get to go to the children's program at church. Trying to end on a positive.... It's just hard to keep focus on the positive. I've got to wake up every morning and remember that I'm awesome. I'm a bad ass and I got this. I'm a good mom. My kids are happy and they have each other.












You, my dear friend, can say anything and I will always love you. Our class is learning the quote from Christopher Robin to Pooh Bear, "You are are BRAVER that you believe, STRONGER than you seem, and SMARTER than you think, and LOVED more than you know." Miss you....
ReplyDelete